Working within a dynamic and forward-thinking Procurement & Supply Chain Department, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for a spend of c£2-4M across a number of electro-mechanical commodities. The Senior Buyer will be responsible for budgeting, spend management and a suite of 15-20 suppliers. Although commercial in focus, the Senior Buyer will at times work closely with stakeholders in engineering and quality, in regards to NPI procurement activities. The Senior Buyer will also support the Head of Department, in the formulation of procurement strategies.
Specific duties of the Senior Buyer include:
- Delivering procurement strategy and cost savings across a number of electro-mechanical commodity spend areas
- Market intelligence activities, benchmarking and exploration of alternative sources of supply
- Vendor management - post signature SRM activities such as KPI monitoring, scorecards, review meetings etc.
- Management of Tender Process, Supplier Negotiation and Contract Award
- Contribute to wider procurement department strategy
- Contribute to an atmosphere of change, and continuous improvement
Senior Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Purchasing, Supply Chain, or Sourcing experience within a manufacturing or engineering business
- The ability to build relationships, negotiate and manage suppliers
- Comfortable working with engineering or technical stakeholders
- CIPS, Part CIPS or the desire to study CIPS
- Excellent teamwork, and communication skills
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Supply Chain
- Category Management