My exciting client based in Weymouth are recruiting for a Senior Buyer to join their established team on permanent basis. The Senior Buyer will be responsible for supporting projects into production and liaising with current suppliers to ensure they are able to supply material and components to meet project needs.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience negotiating with suppliers within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Prepare and coordinate supplier performance and development reviews and activities.
- Identify, propose and, where authorised, revise and implement improvement opportunities
- Prepare and conduct tendering processes with suppliers, negotiating to conclusion and contract award.
- Support to the Purchasing Manager on strategic business goals and wider group Procurement community
- Prepare, review and disseminate business unit purchasing data
- Prepare and report departmental KPI's as required
- Delegation of purchasing activities within the team and monitoring of progress
- Day to day line management and supervision of purchasing team.
Key Skills Required:
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Good working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and Microsoft Office applications
- A strong understanding of general business principles, able to balance risk and reward
- Experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Experience in Electronics
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job