Are you interested in being part of a growing business? Are you seeking an exciting opportunity?
Do you have excellent procurement attributes with a positive proactive attitude?
Due to continued expansion we are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Buyer.
The Senior Buyer will embrace and offer total ownership for the processing of all purchasing aspects required of the company with an agreed series of reports to be issued on a frequency as dictated. They will liaise closely with the contracts managers and the commercial team (estimating) developing a good relationship with all engineers, offering assistance on labour and material procurement matters.
In order to ensure that we continue to attract and retain people who embody our values and can deliver our high standards, we provide a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, in which our employees can thrive.
This position will encompass a number of functions and operations, primarily, and where necessary in consultation with the Commercial Director:
- Purchasing for all divisions to include all project purchases/sub-contract orders etc.
- Liaise with business principles to develop and manage a robust supplier and subcontractor base to support the growing needs of the business.
- Manage all subcontractors in terms of grading their performance, ensuring insurances and accreditations are up to date.
- Co-ordination of the contract terms for subcontractors with the commercial manager.
- Manage all suppliers in terms of grading their performance.
- Manage and negotiate business terms with key suppliers to include retrospective discounts, rebates and frameworks.
- Monitor, control and optimise spread of spend to ensure best purchasing terms.
- Creation of procurement schedules for all contracts and managing deliveries against the contract programme to ensure best value without impact to project quality.
- Ensure all trading terms are in the best commercial interest of the company including but not limited to credit limits, terms and conditions etc.
- Ownership of the purchasing processes and development of any systems necessary to support the role.
- Varying projects and tasks as assigned by the Operations Director on an ad-hoc basis.
- Performance management of the purchasing and supply chain administrators.
- Support the maintaining of the database prices and discounts to ensure products are correct.
- Where necessary on current orders, complete site views of materials under production.
- Contribute to the maintenance and monitoring of a supplier/manufacturer/subcontractor database.
- Contribute to a review of the previous year's trading activities.
Senior Buyer | Buyer | Procurement | Purchasing | Buying | Management | Supply Chain | Suppliers
- To demonstrate clear savings on all purchases processed
- Ensure all contract/group purchases are conducted swiftly and expediently.
- Accuracy of data production and report output.
- Achieving deadlines for all projects assigned.
- All performance criteria will be assessed against KPI's on a monthly basis.
- Integration with all departments and the operation board members.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Commercial understanding.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to build professional working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Work safely in accordance with the company's current health and safety policy and procedures.
- A positive approach, with the determination to succeed.
- Previous experience of subcontract procurement.
- Industry specific knowledge in particular M & E and Construction.
- CIPS membership or equivalent.
We are a leading provider of resident and mobile building services maintenance, delivering the highest quality support to critical environments and commercial properties, offering full life cycle asset management.
Based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.