An exciting opportunity in the fast-growing vaping market for a talented buyer to make a real impact. Perks include bonus and career progressionopportunities as the company grows.
Vaping has established itself as a far less harmful and more affordable modern alternative to smoking tobacco. Evapo has in a short period of time become one of the leading High Street retail chains in the industry. Set up in 2018, we currently have 28 shops in the UK with our own e-liquid manufacturing plant, 9 further shops in Germany and an ambitious expansion plan for 2018.
Reporting to the COO, this role gives an experienced buyer full control over range planning, product sourcing and supplier negotiations, whilst developing a buying and merchandising strategy that achieves the overall business strategy. In an extremely fast paced environment, every day is different and full of challenging growth opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Multi-Channel Product Range and Development
- Range and Promotional Planning and Category Management
- Maintaining and building relationships with the supplier base
- Product Marketing
- Stock Control and Supply
- Import Management and Quality Assurance
- Management and Reporting
The business "runs lean" with a flat structure, and we expect the successful candidate to roll up their sleeves and get actively involved in all aspects of the buying, merchandising, supply and stock functions of the business.
We are looking for a visionary - a determined and ambitious trader/buyer able to translate trading trends and market trends into sales opportunities.
A Business-related qualification will be desirable, although relevant business experience in senior roles in Buying/Product Selection, Product Marketing/Merchandising and Category Management is crucial, as well as a good commercial understanding of the vaping customer and product ranges.
To succeed in this fast paced exciting environment, you will have the following specific skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of Multi-channel Convenience Retailing with a proven track record in High Street/Food Multi-Channel Retailing
- Experience of managing a buying/category management team in a multi-channel retail environment
- A strong understanding of the life cycle of the product in a fast moving highly innovative and reactive retail market
- Experienced in devising and delivering strategic and tactical development, sourcing, buying, marketing and sales plans
- Negotiation skills - proven ability to stretch all aspects of negotiation to deliver and exceed margin, profit and growth targets
- Budget planning and a proven track record in buying at the right price and the right time.
This role will involve travelling and spending time away from the UK during the peak buying season. You should be able to demonstrate a keen understanding of Far East Sourcing (FOB), Manufacturing and QA/C, and preferably have previously travelled within the Far East.
In return, we offer a competitive salary with opportunities to earn significant bonuses, as well as a high degree of autonomy and excellent career development prospects.
Don't delay, apply straight away! Send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are the right person for this role.
- Budget Management
- Far East sourcing
- Product Selection
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job