An interesting and unique position has become available working with a very important engineering manufacturing company who are globally recognised for being at the forefront of their field.
As Senior Buyer you will be responsible for supervising a team of Buyers and providing support to the Purchasing Manager, deputising in their absence and covering all aspects of Purchasing and Man-Management skills and duties.
Procuring a range of commodities in accordance with the Purchasing and business procedures with a strong focus on commercial acumen and account management skills to deliver departmental objectives specific to quality, cost and delivery.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
* Supervise and support buyers in their day to day activity and delivery of objectives.
* Take lead role and ownership for key strategic/critical suppliers in the team
* Provide support for individual and team development, including induction training and skill's gap analysis ensuring section training plan is effective to other team members and new starters in relation to systems, processes and procedures.
* Deputise for the team Purchasing Management, to include the day to day running of the Purchasing team.
* Represent the section at cross functional meetings.
* Drive and manage TVM meetings and new model program activities.
* Deputise for Purchasing Management, to include the day to day running of the Purchasing team.
* Prepare and present Purchasing status and metrics to business management team.
* Coordinate and manage supplier performance with Quality and MP&L functions ensuring performance targets are met.
* Provide support for individual and team development, including induction training and skill's gap analysis ensuring section training plan is effective.
* Procurement and negotiation responsibility for both individual and teams objectives.
* Working with a cross functional team to establish and set programme financial targets.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Ideally the successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, and or a full member of CIPS, or at least working towards it.
* Extensive Purchasing experience ideally within a manufacturing environment is required; however, of greater importance is the individual's aptitude and commitment to rapidly assimilate the needs of the role and to be quickly performing in the role, to a high standard.
* The individual should hold a full driving licence, passport and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require it.
* A competent understanding of the Microsoft suite of office tools would be advantageous.
For further information or to apply please contact Lisa Brassington on or email
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job