A leading global organisation within the Thames Valley area is looking to recruit a Senior Buyer.
Your new company
A leading global organisation within the Thames Valley area is looking to recruit a Senior Buyer to join there established Procurement department.
Your new role
- Create, Develop and implement sourcing strategies for the Mechanical and Mouldings commodity to support the business.
- Lead category business Supply Chain Transformation goals in vendor reduction, monitoring and optimization.
- Ensure the effective procurement of materials, components, major work packages and services within the category for the business & for any related new products.
- Work with relevant internal stakeholders and suppliers to drive procurement operational excellence.
- Manage the end-to-end supply chain relationships with a specified group of vendors to ensure the best possible quality, cost, delivery and overall supplier reliability for the Business Unit.
- Manage associated sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with project or production deliverables.
- Review material demand requirements to ensure component deliveries are scheduled in line with production requirements; reviewing, negotiating and issuing purchase orders and making necessary changes to requirements, schedule and price.
- Analyse and process supplier notifications for the category.
- Early engagement with relevant stakeholders to review and challenge engineering specifications with the purpose of developing appropriate procurement strategies to support the business needs.
- Lead supplier negotiations within the category to ensure appropriate and cost effective solutions are achieved.
- Be the data owner for all supply master data for the category.
- Monitor the delivery status of scheduled receipts to ensure on time delivery to manufacturing need date.
- Research vendors and develop new and alternative sources of supply where vendors and preferred suppliers are inadequate.
- Derive and execute Vendor reduction strategy for the category.
- Create and maintain market profiles for the category.
- Continually monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of suppliers.
- Ensure timely disposition and return of any non-conforming supplier material ensuring rapid replenishment to support production need.
- Manage day to day procurement activities including internal and vendor communications; negotiating price changes with vendors, negotiating revised terms and special arrangements with vendors.
- Deploy responsible supply chain management practices in accordance with Company policy including a heat map and any required corrective actions.
- Significantly contribute to the on-going capability development and performance of the function.
What you'll need to succeed
- 5 years of experience working in a supply chain organisation. Previous experience as a buyer within a manufacturing company is an advantage.
- A degree in business, operations, supply chain, or related field.
- Experiencing of influencing and/or negotiating.
- Experience of supplier relationship management.
- Technical knowledge of the Mechanical commodity.
- Ability to work to financial and time-sensitive constraints.
- CIPS certification is desirable.
What you'll get in return
A very interesting opportunity to work for a highly successful organisation within there industry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job