Senior Buyer - Foodservice - Market Leader
Salary up to £70k plus bonus 15% and car/car allowance
The Senior Buyer will lead a team of Buyers responsible for Buying Fresh Produce across our business. To negotiate the lowest cost price for market relevant products from the most appropriate suppliers, reducing complaint levels, improving availability, helping to shape range and drive sales and ultimately improving Group profitability.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Manage, Develop & coach the team to ensure role model behaviour and best practice are embedded in the procurement team
- Lead cross functional group projects and report directly into the board representing the whole of procurement
- To continually manage the most profitable sourcing strategies for relevant product area, to maximise both cost and business efficiencies across all businesses and affiliated partners.
- To manage the overall supplier relationship including identifying the best suppliers that fit with the company, negotiating prices, terms and contracts if required, ensuring product is always in the right place at the right time, for the right price.
- To engage and utilise key technical experts within the business to ensure product quality, consistency and safety.
- To be an industry expert, ensuring knowledge and market trends are captured and cascaded to relevant stakeholders.
- To manage key internal processes required for category such as cost data, inflation/deflation forecasts, annual turnover and income forecasts and market reports
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Demonstrable experience in Buying Fresh Produce is a must
- Proven track record of people management is required
- Proven track record to manage a significant budget spend in conjunction with strong motivation to identify and deliver cost savings without compromising service levels
- Examples of negotiation and delivery of cost savings combined with a strong and logical commercial problem-solving abilities
- Strong planning and organisational skills with excellent time management and the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- A result's driven method of working and a strong desire to complete and succeed at all tasks
- A history of sound judgment in decision making and transparent thought processes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels both internally and externally.
- Must demonstrate understanding of category management, contract complexity and successful negotiation at a senior level
- Understanding of business objectives, levers, and customers
- Passion for our customers and reacting quickly to meet their needs
The role will involve some travel for both the UK and overseas, so a degree of flexibility is needed.
For more information on this and many more FMCG Sales roles throughout the UK, then please contact Mandy Matley along with your CV or
- "buyer" or "senior buyer" or "fresh produce"