Senior Buyer needed for new role in Plymouth
Your new company
Plymouth based manufacturer seeks skilled Senior Buyer for new role in its growing organisation
Your new role
Your new role as Senior Buyer will see you develop the businesses supply base in a strategic manner to ensure best possible outcomes in terms of price and service delivery. You will ensure KPI's are adhered to and achieved in order for the business to attain its objectives. Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Manage the purchasing team and the day-to-day activities
- Supplier sourcing
- Maintaining KPI's
- Supplier relationship management
- Sourcing suppliers (domestically and internationally)
What you'll need to succeed
To be chosen for the role you will need to be able to display progressive experience in purchasing and sourcing in a manufacturing setting. You must also ideally be part or fully CIPS qualified (or equivalent) and posses strong sourcing and negotiation skills. Other requirements are as follows:
- Team management experience
- Solid track record of achieving cost reductions through negotiation
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills.
What you'll get in return
Salary £32,000 - £40,000 + benefits DOE
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.