- Procure parts, goods and services at the lowest total acquisition cost to the business whilst maintaining and exceeding site procurement targets including cost savings, delivery performance, lead times & quality.
- To ensure continuity of supply throughout the supply chain, mitigating risks & managing commercial issues including contracts, pricing and overall supplier performance.
- Strategic negotiation of contracts, Terms and Conditions, customer flow downs and MOD contract standards.
- Secondary core focus is to assist the Procurement team with category management, supplier and process development initiatives as they aim to improve their supply chain competitiveness.
- Will take the Procurement lead role on "high profile" projects offering exposure to senior management and key technical and support staff across the site.
- Provide support to Project and Bid teams in processing requests for quote and placement of purchase orders, ensuring on time delivery from suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Tactical buying input to support site, placing purchase orders and where necessary expediting.
- Project support related to specific categories and suppliers.
- NPI task and process involvement.
- Active procurement involvement at all project stages, offering commercial and technical solutions that meet business and market requirements
- Data management accuracy. Support creation, input and publishing of site Procurement KPI's and metric reporting as needed.
- Effective communication to site suppliers of policies relating to supplier performance, working capital initiatives and other sourcing initiatives that affect the supply chain.
- Visit suppliers as a representative of the company to discuss and resolve issues, conduct "Quarterly Business Reviews" or supplier audits.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Lean experience such as a Green Belt certification desirable in order to apply Six Sigma tools within the Supply base.
- Strong all-round engineering knowledge including technical applications, materials and processes.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Project Management skills an advantage.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) - IT capable.
- SAP knowledge a definite advantage - must have MRP/ERP experience.
- Understanding of lean supply chains & principles.
- Must have relevant qualifications, a background in an engineering or other related field would be a distinct advantage.
- Supply chain certification to full MCIPS Diploma would be a distinct advantage.
Work Experience Required
- Minimum 5+ years demonstrated experience in Procurement.
- Working knowledge of supply chain analysis, contract preparations and supplier management principles.
- Knowledge of all aspects of materials management, including negotiating and managing supplier relationships.
- Capable of formulating and implementing material sourcing strategies.
- Must have "defence procurement" experience including proven ability in MOD contracts, flow-downs
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Lean experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job