Job title: Senior Buyer
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
An experienced Senior Buyer with a proven track record and knowledge of strategic procurement of resins, plastics and rubber parts is required by one of the world's largest producers of automotive parts. Supplying a portfolio of major OEMs this organisation is looking to grow its UK procurement team, based in the West Midlands. We are seeking a talented strategic Buyer with experience of global sourcing within a high volume, fast paced manufacturing environment. As Strategic Buyer, you will be required to:
- Strategically oversee and manage commodities including; mass production, NPI, and engineering changes.
- Develop and implement overall commodity strategy.
- Lead supplier sourcing and negotiations within your commodity area.
As a strategic Buyer, you should offer:
- Demonstrable procurement experience preferably with experience of purchasing metals, plastics and rubber parts.
- Strategic thinking to identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Understanding of product/component evaluation and functionality requirements.
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills and experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, driven Buyer with knowledge of managing key commodities, global sourcing and strong project management skills. In return for your procurement experience, this Telford based Automotive Tier 1 will offer you:
- Competitive salary & benefits package including Healthcare cash plans, good pension options and discount car purchase offers. A very strong people culture and the company invests significantly in training and developing its staff and promoting from within.
- Career development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of strategic global commodity management and you are looking for a new career challenge, please apply today. If you have any questions about the strategic Buyer role, please contact Lisa Osborne at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on or email