Nigel Wright are currently working with a leading NE Manufacturing business to recruit a Senior Buyer - Raw Materials/Packaging.
Reporting into the Head of Department, you will take responsibility for raw materials and packaging across multiple sites.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of raw materials' procurement including packaging
- Developing and implementing Procurement Strategy
- Deputising for Head of Department as required
- Representing Procurement at NPD meetings
- Identifying and delivering cost savings in line with business targets
- Ensuring raw material availability for Production requirements across multiple sites
- Identifying and assessing new suppliers
- Developing and maintaining cross functional relationships within the Senior Leadership Team
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strategic raw materials'/packaging procurement experience from within a fast moving, high volume Manufacturing essential
- Proven track record in identifying and delivering cost reductions and process improvements/best practice with a structured approach
- Confidence and integrity - excellent negotiation, supplier performance management and influencing skills
- Project management skills - proficient in leading procurement projects from concept to delivery
- Strong technical understanding, analytical ability and attention to detail
- Assertive, confident communicator with strong stakeholder engagement skills
For further details of this opportunity, please do not hesitate to get in contact for a confidential discussion.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'