Senior Buyer - Royston, Herts - 9 month FTC - £34,000 - £42,500 per annum
Our client based here in Royston, Herts is a FTSE 100 organisation, and a real market leader within it's field. The company is one which manufactures Autocatalysts, operating on a global scale, and with sites all over the world, the company is a key player in the Automotive sector.
The client has a requirement for a Senior Buyer to join them on a 9 month contract basis. The overall purpose(s) of this position is to lead the purchasing process of direct and indirect goods/services. You will ensure a high level of supplier service, and you will also minimise risk so as to ensure that the company stays legally compliant throughout the purchasing process.
- Assist internal stakeholders in relation to sourcing requirements.
- Supplier approval - select preferred suppliers for specific products and services.
- Negotiate TOBs, and service level agreements.
- Liaise with legal team to maintain the company's strong legal position.
- Management of Supplier Database.
- Supplier reviews, including contracts.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) qualification - Ideally Level 4 and above.
- Indirect purchasing experience, and working knowledge of CAPEX.
- Able to interpret and apply financial data.
- Computer Literate - ideally with Excel
- Able to multi-task, and prioritise tasks effectively.
- A good problem solver.
If this sounds like you then why not apply? If you would like to know more then please call me on or you can email me at
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job