Senior Buyer - Automotive Manufacture
Senior Buyer –
Reporting to the European Purchasing Director, this Senior Buyer role is a fantastic opportunity to join a celebrated global developer and manufacturer of automotive components.
Ideally based: Chelmsford, Basildon, London, Cambridge, Harlow, Watford, St Albans
£Competitive + Benefits etc.
Our clients’ portfolio of clients includes some of the biggest vehicle manufacturers in the world. They have the solidity of some 30 years’ success in supplying reliable products to these Original Equipment Manufacturing giants and backed by this strength, have this requirement at their UK Headquarters.
As a Senior Buyer, responsibilities will be:
To provide a quality, cost effective purchasing service to the company dealing with internal and external customers. To be part of a professional Purchasing team which meets both the company and departmental goals and objectives.
For the role of Senior Buyer, you will be;
- A confident Negotiato
- strong Relationship Builder
- Flexible with travel
For the role of Senior Buyer, your duties will be:
- To support the company operations, with its emphasis on lean & continuous improvement, with supplies of materials and services as demanded by the systems and processes.
- To negotiate blanket supply agreements to allow the cells to call-off material as required.
- To assist in resolving late or potential late deliveries of components to meet demand.
- To negotiate cost reductions of material and services to obtain the best total delivered costs and to meet the annual departmental cost down targets.
- To assist in maintaining a supply base that provides the optimum service in quality, price, delivery and management, within the total targeted numbers.
- To be continually striving to extend the payment terms of existing and new suppliers to meet the company goals of “total day’s payable”.
- The ability to travel to suppliers based in Europe and Asia and build on relationships. To identify new suppliers for both brokered products and components.
- An understanding of electronic devices and procurement of components.
- To assist, when required, to provide a service to the R&D department for quotations and sourcing of new components, and to progress from request to receipt.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world renowned and globally recognised company. The successful applicant will enjoy operating within the strength of an international organisation with the feel of a local business.
Apply in Confidence
Should you wish to be considered for the above role of Senior Buyer, please apply via forwarding your CV in the first instance to Gary Horwood, Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF: 3025 GH
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions that can be found on our website and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'