Cambridge County Council are looking for a Senior Business Support Officer.
- Provide an efficient, effective and business support service to staff as required to reflect the HDA needs.
- Develop and operate manual and electronic data systems. Effective handling of paper and electronic records, correspondence and data, taking appropriate action or seeking support where required - including the generation of electronic reports. Support development of increased reliance by the HDA team on electronic systems.
- Providing a flexible approach to diary management, taking account of conflicting demands and deadlines. Negotiating and scheduling meetings to ensure that urgent matters are prioritised, sourcing venues and booking rooms. Support HDA Team transition to more flexible work practices reflecting shared office space and more mobile working.
- To draft and produce e-mails, letters, reports, forms and other documents.
- To act as the first point of contact for both internal and external customers and take ownership for dealing with, filtering or signposting customer enquiries. Provide advice and guidance on council policy and procedure. This will include specifically managing defect work to co-ordinate appointments between residents and contractor.
- Preparing and circulating agendas and associated documentation in line with corporate standards.
- Minute complex and confidential meetings, including HR meetings and cross agency. Meetings will be held at various venues across the City.
- Undertake project based tasks, ensuring management information is obtained and reports are produced by required deadlines.
- Dealing with Freedom of Information Act requests (FOIs) and complaints for the HDA and allocate using tracking system as required. Assist with the maintenance of service contacts within the system. Co-ordinate and draft responses for requests which cover multiple services and collate information on behalf of services to ensure deadlines are met.
- Approve purchase orders, receipting goods, coding invoices and appropriate use of service contracts and procurement card in line with corporate financial guidelines.
- To have a flexible approach to work and be prepared to offer assistance to and cover other staff in times of absence/leave.
- To follow standard operating procedures in line with service and financial procedures and data protection guidelines.
- Carry out any other duties as required by your line manager from time to time in accordance with the grading of the post.
What you need:
- previous experience in a similar role.
- Right to work in the UK.
Benefits of working with Social Personnel:
- As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, Social Personnel have access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
- A way to give back to charitable organisations/disadvantaged young people, through our partnership with Youth at Risk, now known as GRIT
- Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you - just enjoy your hard earned money each week
- Training and development opportunities which meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you
- Receive £250 for every social care referral sent to us who gets placed.
- Your own highly experienced recruitment consultant and dedicated aftercare team
- Boat Parties, prize giveaways and much, much more…
If you are interested in this position please submit application below.
- Social Care
- business support officer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'