Senior Business Support Administrator (9 Month Contract)
£11.56 Per Hour
Our client, a support services organisation with multiple locations across Thanet, is currently looking to recruit a Senior Business Support Administrator to work on a 9 month contract.
Working, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, this role will be paying an hourly rate of £11.56 per hour.
The successful Senior Business Support Administrator will provide administrative support across a wide range of functions including commissioning, membership development, performance, quality, finance and governance together with general business support. The focus of the role is to provide professional, administrative assistance in support of the operational, quality and performance and governance function.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivering excellent standards of service as part of the Business Support Team to keep post holders, including the Chief Finance Officer; taking responsibility for ensuring they are well prepared to carry out their responsibilities and being proactive in ensuring that their requirements are met.
- To include drafting correspondence on CFO behalf, support at meetings and liaison with stakeholders.
- Taking telephone calls for CFO when out of the office and expected to use their initiative to deal with phone calls and messages.
- Sorting and prioritising all incoming mail and e-mail for CFO dealing with and distributing as appropriate.
- Managing the electronic diaries for CFO, including arranging and changing appointments, prioritising these as appropriate.
- Ensuring all urgent and/or confidential communications are received and distributed from/to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- To ensure that the governance arrangements are met, as required by the Head of Governance, including administering two of the statutory committees, the A&E Recovery meeting and other meetings as seen fit. Including agenda planning, ensuring that agendas and papers are delivered in a timely way and that minutes and decisions are recorded appropriately, and key issues for discussion and decision are highlighted to the Chair.
- The creation and distribution of the weekly e-bulletin.
- Providing a sign-posting service/hospitality for the public and
- Dealing with general telephoning enquiries.
- Ensuring provision of cross-cover for other members of the corporate administration team.
- Contributing to the development of the systems and
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the annual business planning
- Support the achievement of the
- Requirement to travel to meetings and across all sites.
- Attend all Team meetings, Management Team meetings and training and development days/ sessions throughout the
- The post holder will be given opportunities for personal development in line with an agreed personal development plan and the needs of the role.
- High level of computer literacy including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Secretarial experience at Board level.
- Experience of working on own initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent telephone techniques.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent minute taking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidence and self-motivation.
- Ability to work flexibly and efficiently on own initiative and as part of a high profile busy team.
- Ability to handle sensitive information whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to show initiative in approach to work, and come with a 'can do' attitude, with a willingness to approach all tasks required.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 16 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job