Fancy working with the finest products and the finest customers in foodservice? You will be dealing with most of the chefs you usually watch on Saturday Kitchen!
Wild Harvest is a nationwide fine food supplier. We are passionate about supplying customers with a vast range of fine foods from around the world. We deliver an outstanding local service built on many years’ experience, which is why Wild Harvest is the chef’s first choice!
Plus we are not alone; Wild Harvest is part of the Fresh Direct Family, a set of specialist brands including Fresh Direct, M&J Seafoods, Freshfayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct Family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest foodservice supplier!
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the BDM is a key member of the Wild Harvest team, being the ambassador of the company and the manager of a magnificent portfolio of the most prestigious tables within Greater London. The BDM will grow and develop this customer base as well as key partnerships with top accounts. Dealing with an exhaustive list of amazing fine food ingredients and a great number of high profile customers, you will juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment!
- Nurture our relationship with the rich base of customers in your portfolio
- Develop sales within this existing portfolio.
- Identify new sales opportunities, to achieve and increase sales turnover and gross profit.
- To build and maintain a new business prospect list aligned to our business growth strategy
- To actively convert prospect customers into active a realistic pipeline opportunities
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the customers wants and needs and present appropriate business solution
- Identify key decision makers and influencers within a prospect customer and build long term supplier partnerships
- Proactively manage customer retention.
- Accurate completion of all sales administration
- Maintain competitor awareness
- Maintain and develop knowledge of product offering
- Liaise with the senior management team, developing a good understanding of departmental objectives and maintaining strong internal relationships
- The ability to create strong and credible rapport with key customer decision makers
- Proven track record of profitable new business development.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the market place
- Relevant experience of foodservice.
- The ability to create and maintain an accurate new business pipeline
- Commercial awareness of what factors influence customer profitability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literate (excel)
- A passion for FINE FOOD
- Business Development
- Senior Management