Senior Business Development Manager
£45,000 -50,000 + commission
The main role purpose will be to lead and manage pro-active activities related to the sales function by maximising business and generating significant levels of income from new customers through an innovative sales approach.
Business Development - Prospecting
- To achieve and exceed sales targets and maximise sales through all sales channels as per the Business Development Strategy.
- Prospect for potential new clients, introduce the Club's opportunity to new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
Business Development - Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure Business Development Manager represents the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Understand the company's goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company's performance.
- Be actively involved (when required) in the event day hosting activities.
- To undertake special duties or work outside the normal daily / weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position at the request of the Senior Management Team/Head of Sales & Business Development.
- To continuously demonstrate the club's way i.e. act as a role model through our values to provide the best possible customer service where delivery is always maintained.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 4 years' experience and able to demonstrate success in a sales environment preferably within sport.
- Understanding and experience of cold calling and selling to both corporate and private individuals.
- Knowledge of sports marketing in general, key trends and knowledge of hospitality sales.
- Competence with Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a Customer Relations Management system.
- Passion for sports.
- Exceptional presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to agreed timelines
- Thinks on her / his feet
- Is a strong and convincing communicator
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.