Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager - Premium Sports and Corporate Hospitality Events
Location: London, SW1
Job type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 basic plus bonus, uncapped commission and an exceptional benefits package.
Our client, an award winning sports and events hospitality provider has a new opportunity for a driven and ambitious 'Senior Business Development Manager’ to make a huge impact in their sales team.
Our client is leading providers of Official Corporate Hospitality at Major Sporting events including Wimbledon, Six Nations, Cheltenham, Formula 1, Royal Ascot and International Cricket to name a few, at venues such as Twickenham, Ascot Race Course, Silverstone, Henley, The Oval and Old Trafford, they even provide client corporate hospitality for the Chelsea Flower Show.
Reporting directly to the Head of Sales, this is an excellent opportunity to further your career and thrive in a fast paced and highly rewarding environment.
Role Purpose Business Development
- Lead the way in working with Field Sales to identify existing and new sales opportunities (New Business) - capitalise on all
- Manage a strong opportunity pipeline and deliver high conversion ratio
- Have individual responsibility for growing and protecting business and achieving growth in client accounts within remit - but also a keen eye on the needs of the business Sales
- Generate and close profitable sales for the company
- Successfully manage the needs of our customers in order to meet our overall Sales objectives
- Take responsibility for consistent achievement of individual sales, margin and new business targets for month, quarter and year-to-date Strategy
- Work closely with the Team Leaders and Directors to establish and deliver strategic and financial objectives
- Win and build client trust by helping clients to grow, reinforcing the benefits of hospitality and how their products / services can energise our client’s business
People & Leadership
- Act as a Mentor to BDEs & BDMs and assist the Team Leaders with embedding best practice
- Promote strong internal communication, ensuring cross company collaboration.
- Deputise for the Team Leader in their absence with the more junior members of the team
- Undertake any other task, deemed to be appropriate to this role, as directed by a member of the Management Team or Board.
- Exceptional questioning, listening, closing skills
- Thorough understanding of the Sales Cycle (Steps of the Sale)
- Confident at objection handling and able to pushback on clients when necessary
- Goal and achievement orientated - consistent target achiever
- Create and develop strong internal and external professional relationships
- The passion and mindset to create win/win solutions
- Motivated to be successful, both as an individual and as part of a team
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Display a sense of urgency to get the task completed
- Understanding of profitability and margin (Commercial Awareness)
- Is a self-starter and uses initiative to deliver results
- Passion for learning and self-development
- Proven track record in B2B sales environment
- Ability to demonstrate success in previous sales environments, which focus on selling value - not price - is essential
- Extensive Understanding of Hospitality industry
We look forward to receiving your application, thank you.
- Account Manager
- Business Development
- Sales Team
- New Business Opportunities