The Senior BD Executive will support the division with their plans to grow fees from existing clients and develop new relationships. The job holder will work alongside the Divisional Head of Business Development, another Senior Executive, an Executive and a team administrator. They will also have access to shared resources in the Central Business Development team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sector group account management: working with teams on specific sector and/or specialist service initiatives (e.g. Media & Entertainment, Technology or Retail, Hospitality & Leisure).
- Marketing and BD planning: working with legal practice groups to support their work within our key sectors and set in place a range of activities to meet defined objectives.
- Client development: Work with the Divisional Head of Business Development and lawyers to help manage client development – both existing clients and the ‘pipeline’ of client opportunities; providing research, analysis, information on fees, cross-selling opportunities etc. This will include one-to-one pipeline meetings and coaching with key partners.
- CRM: supporting the Divisional Head of Business Development with the implementation and roll out of a Key Client Programme.
- Proposals: managing the preparation of capability documents and proposals, compiling a divisional credentials database and managing the process for collating deal information, monitoring proposal win/loss rates.
- Events: work with the divisional BD team to design and implement an events programme for the sector groups and legal practice groups, working with the central BD team to ensure these are executed under best practice guidelines and integrated into wider campaigns to achieve a good ROI.
- Marketing communications: working with the divisional BD team on communications such as updating of brochures, capability documents, team sheets, newsletters, website content and industry award submissions.
- Directory submissions: Compile the directory submissions for the practice areas and sectors this role supports and work with the Divisional Head of Business Development to ensure a robust process is in place for managing the submission process within the division.
You will have at least 4 years BD experience preferably in a professional services environment ideally in legal and Comfortable taking a brief for a project, working as part of a project team with supervision or working on own initiative. Proactive attitude, seeking out opportunities for development and learning and a desire to share best practice learnings with the wider BD team.
Don't hesitate to contact Christine Sleigh with your CV at if you have any other queries.