East Sussex County Council
Senior Business Analyst
37 hours Mon to Fri (09:00:AM - 05:00:PM)
6 Months Temporary Contract
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Senior Business Analyst role acts both as a Business Analyst and as the manager of the Business Analysis team within their assigned service areas. Reporting to the Service Relationship Manager, they coordinate the business analysis resources, act as mentor, support and line manage the team. Crucially, they work closely with the other Senior Business Analysts, Senior Project Managers and SME Manager to balance resources across the whole team to deliver projects efficiently and according to the priorities of the business.
Maintain expert level awareness of current and emerging technologies and best practice within the ICT industry to lead on delivery of an expert level ICT service providing professional support, information, guidance and advice to County Council managers and County Councillors and officers as appropriate.
Lead programmes of work in support of the core objectives of the team utilising necessary resource and expertise to ensure delivery in an efficient and effective manner. Making decisions to ensure the achievement of departmental, service and personal performance targets including agreed key performance indicators.
Resolve complex IT incidents, problems and service delivery issues in an appropriate and timely manner working flexibly, or outside of normal core hours as required, to meet service demands in accordance with County Council policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable technical proficiency in designated service area
- Leadership skills
- Complex problem solving skills
- Project Mgt (Prince2) qualification
- Business Analysis / Business Process Re engineering qualification
- Broad knowledge of IT technologies
- Demonstrate an appreciation of IT Service Management best practice
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of policies & procedures and legislative requirements relevant to service area
- Good knowledge of the business of the County Council and their use of IT
- Knowledge of responsibilities relating to Health and Safety
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous experience in similar role
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'