Senior Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst’s focus is to work closely with our clients teams and customers to gain an in-depth understanding of their logistics process and system needs, and then lead the analysis of those needs so that appropriate system solutions can be delivered.
The role is responsible for documenting, reviewing and contributing to business process design to optimise efficiency and address risks. In addition to business analysis, there will be opportunities to mentor inexperienced team members and to lead small projects.
The Senior Business Analyst will be able to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of best practice system solutions for third party logistics businesses, especially warehouse and transport management processes and systems.
• Lead workshops, meetings and similar in order to define and document business requirements
• Analyse and challenge the requirements to ensure that the defined processes and requirements are robust and complete
• Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
• Work with other members of the Howard Tenens IT department in order to help identify solutions that meet the documented requirements
• Lead the identification of suitable test strategies/approach for the solution
• Keep up to date with both internal and external customers’ needs through both formal and informal communication.
• Provide day-to-day mentoring and leadership to IT team members, explaining good/best practice, advising on approaches to problem solving and similar.
• Identify and initiating improvements both within IT and the wider Howard Tenens business.
• Provide project level analysis – producing required analytical documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, functional design, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, future state proposals, testing plans)
• Collaborate closely with developers (including third party suppliers) to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process
• Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations
• Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates.
• Be a senior member of project teams; contributing to project plans and estimating time and resources, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all owned phases of the project, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts
• Meet with project teams regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines
Essential Skills/ Experience:
• Demonstrable experience in working within a warehousing operation either as a supplier or customer
• Successful working relationships with both internal and external customers
• Detailed knowledge of warehouse management processes
• Evidence of leading small teams and mentoring others
• Evidence of working on own initiative and playing an integral role in larger teams
• Full driving licence and a willingness to travel to any of our UK sites
• Robust, but collaborative, approach with a direct communication style suited to the logistics sector
• Excellent inter-personal skills
Desirable Skills / Experience:
• At least 3 years’ Business Analysis experience in a 3rd party logistics provider
• Detailed knowledge of Transport Management processes
• Full life-cycle project management
• Familiar with Agile and Waterfall Project Management methodologies
• Specific knowledge of any of the following:
o JDA WMS (Or other WMS)
o Ortec TMS (Or other planning and optimisation package)
o Driver in cab and handheld technology
o Microsoft Dynamics 365
? Microsoft Azure –
• SQL Server
• Logic Apps
• Azure functions
• Application Services
o Integration packages (i.e. Dell Boomi)
• Background in logistics operations or IT function within a major logistics operator
• Experience in mentoring others both in process and technology
• Innovative thinker
• Ability to develop, contribute and deliver strategies
• Business Analysis qualification(s)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"