As a Senior Business Analyst you will be responsible for a number of activities at any point in the project life-cycle.
Fast-paced and high-profile environment.
Fast-paced and high-profile Department
* Business Process Mapping and Re-Engineering: Work with stakeholders to investigate business problems and opportunities by mapping business processes and analysing areas for improvement, defining and recommending potential 'to-be' processes and assessing the associated changes required
* Requirements Gathering: Work with key stakeholders to establish, document and gain an agreed and prioritised view of their requirements for business changes, ensuring their consistency and future traceability and that they provide a clear base-line from which delivery of a solution can commence
* Requirements Analysis: Perform gap and impact analyses to translate business requirements into detailed functional and technical specifications, business procedures and products, from which appropriate solutions can be selected or enhanced, and against which future change requests can be assessed
* Solution Assessment: Assess the suitability of business change solutions and functional specifications to meet the defined business requirements, identifying the solutions that will be most beneficial to the business, and investigating the impact of proposed change requests as they arise
* Stakeholder and Communication Management: Work with stakeholders during the project lifecycle, tackling issues that will prevent the delivery of business benefits and supporting the business and project staff to make the preparations needed to exploit the changed business environment once it is in place
* Change Implementation Planning: Work with the business users and project team to plan for the changes to be implemented (e.g. to produce new procedures, training documentation, user guidelines, training and communication), supporting them with 'business readiness' activities (e.g. assessing readiness levels of users; uncovering gaps and practical resources needed) required to successfully embed the overall change into the "business as usual" environment
You will undertake the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes, the information used and the data on which the information is based. You will define requirements for improving any aspect of the processes and systems and help to quantify potential business benefits.
You may be required to produce business models to help decision making. These comprise abstract or distilled representations of real world or business situations to aid the communication and understanding of existing, conceptual or proposed scenarios. You will focus on the representation of processes, data, organisation and time, using models / scenarios to represent a subject at varying levels of detail and decomposition
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change. You will be assigned to a Programme or Project in line with Portfolio priorities. Programmes/Projects are managed through waterfall and agile methodologies; you will be familiar and have an understanding of both these approaches.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job