Senior Business Analyst
£33,000 to £43,000 per annum
The IET is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to partner with the staff across the business and advise on process improvements, identifying value adding changes.
You will analyse the business needs, be responsible for capturing and documenting their requirements and processes, and then managing solutions from requirements capture to live.
The successful candidate will have experience of business analysis, business process design and mapping. You will have experience overseeing system development and the ability to prepare user manuals, system configuration documents and operational manuals.
This role is key to our programme delivery and includes working closely with multiple teams to define requirements. The ability to communicate across teams is essential. The successful candidate will be able to work autonomously, bringing a broad range of business analysis skills and a "can do" attitude.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
- Take the lead in identifying, specifying and documenting business use cases
- Bridging the gap between the business requirements and technical specifications
- Overseeing the end to end change management of the CRM and the new sales order processing systems
- Be responsible for business process analysis and design, in particular advising how to make the best use of "out-of-the-box" functionality
- Specifying any data conversions and reporting requirements as required
- Proactive monitoring of delivered functionality to ensure the requirements were met and a focus on continuous improvement
- To provide support to the business users
- Experience of business analysis, business process design and business mapping
- Strong technical nous
- An ability to work autonomously as well as within a broad team of varying skillsets and the expertise to tackle complex problems
- A logical thinker who can communicate well in both a technical and non-technical manner
- Experience overseeing the development of a system as per the specifications
- Strong attention to detail and analytical approach
- Ability to prepare technical user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports including the business operational process and work instructions
- Comfortable with working with internal stakeholders and 3rd party vendors
- A "can do" attitude
- Understanding of database technologies - SQL / ETL
- Understanding of the Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Experience in sales order processing and CRM systems, preferably MS Dynamics
- Have been part of a major technology change project
- Business Process
- Process Design
- Technical Skills
- Process Analysis
- Stakeholder Management