A position has arisen within one of the UK's leading law firms, for an experienced Senior Business Analayst, to join the firm's I.T. department, part of the Business Operations Group.
The Role: We are looking for a highly flexible Senior Business Analyst to have a proactive role in the engagement of our legal teams. This will involve identifying, communicating and delivering enterprise IT solutions and services to support and drive the efficiency of the business.
Working as part of a small team, within a large enterprise, the role of Senior Business Analyst requires a broad set of skills and a high degree of flexibility, negotiation and adaptability.
- providing a proactive and effective partnering service to the legal groups to find solutions to business requirements
- developing a strong understanding of how the legal teams operate to understand how technical knowledge can be applied to make a difference
- acting as a trusted advisor and to be the primary IT point of contact for stakeholders and line managers
- operating as the key business contact, representing IT in promoting IT services and capabilities
- translating and shaping IT demand into scoped IT projects and effective management of projects agreed
- understanding the IT strategy and influencing the business areas and their IT demands
- supporting business areas in documenting business cases to demonstrate benefits, risks and financial appraisal for projects to support robust investment decision making
- eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, abstracting up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs
- proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver artefacts as needed
- utilising experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required
- developing requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
- eporting to the team on regulatory and legislative changes (identified through monitoring a variety of sources) which could impact the relevant legal groups / the wider profession
- internal auditing of files / work areas to ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 standards
- assisting in risk and best practice improvement projects
Senior Business Analyst - Skills and experience required:
- a minimum of 10 years business analysis / partnering experience across a range of industries
- some previous experience in a legal background is preferable
- strong oral, written and presentation skills - with the ability to explain complexity easily to a non-technical stakeholder group
To Apply - Please submit your CV today.