Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job type: Permanent
Client is an innovative and globally expanding provider of gym software.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic Business Analyst to work alongside the current BA and development team. We value people who have exceptional problem-solving abilities and can identify a client’s needs and translate that into documentation for developers to use. In this position, your responsibilities will include; creating business cases, planning and monitoring the sprints, eliciting requirements, researching and analysing customer’s needs, and working with the current BAs to organise and help with the growth of a large-scale project which is going global.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will have the opportunity to help shape and influence this rapidly expanding company, and make a real impact in a progressive and forward thinking business.
- Experienced: 5+ years of experience working on highly developed business critical systems (Preferably 10+).
- Strong communication skills: When you sit down for a meeting you can listen to what’s important to the business and then translate this into clear and concise documentation that developers can understand.
- Work hard, play hard: You are serious about your work ethic but always leave time for daily play, whether that’s a terrible joke, silly cat GIFs, games, or the
- Problem solver: You look at the most complex of problems as a challenge. Problem? What problem?
- Attention to detail: You research your tasks thoroughly and ensure that the documentation leaves nothing to be misunderstood.
- Team player: Our system is extensive and complex. You know that although you are able to work alone, by working together you can produce better results by giving and receiving feedback.
- Agile champion: Experience with and appreciation of agile requirement methodologies. You write great epics and user stories and are able to select the right level of granularity. You are able to facilitate conversations around user stories to arrive at the right level of detail at the right time.
- Systems analysis experience, preferably with a background in computer science or a different technical subject
- Good understanding of BPMN and UML and the ability to express requirements visually in a way that’s suitable for technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills.
- Comfortable working in an agile team environment
- Good knowledge about systems development life cycle SDLC
- Used to a fast-paced and dynamic working environment
- Strong elicitation skills. You enjoy running workshops with clients and digging deeper into the why behind requirements.
- Experience with requirement validation based on mock-ups.
- Experience of working with a UX specialist and an appreciation for the role of UX in the success of a product. Ability to balance the business perspective against the user perspective.
- Ability to keep the conversation in the problem space (and out of the solution space) long enough to create a strong business case for each high-level requirement
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize requirements based on user value and business value
- Jira/Confluence experience is preferred
Non-essential but welcome:
- Experience of working in a team of multiple BAs and/or managing such a team
- Familiarity with requirement traceability techniques
Needs to be SENIOR level.
5+ years experienceTechnical Background
Have worked in a similar background eg. Agile, Bank, Payments etc.
Systems analysis, BPMN and UML, Time Management, SDLD, Elicitation skills, Jira/Confluence
If you have further inquiries about this role, please don’t hesitate to contact our office at: 02033-71-7671