The Aviation team is facing accelerated growth to support the enhancement of new capabilities that will underpin the key business goals of increased revenue and customers. As a Business Analysis you will be at the core of this growth.
This role will be focussed initially on a significant programme of work to define all the various systems and tools across each Airline and within each Domain (e.g. Flight Operations) within TUI to form the basis of system consolidation programme. This will enable the future of the one Aviation IT team.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Business Analyst you will be undertaking analysis of the business needs, including TUI internal and market external factors, define problem statements and analyse root causes.
Build the foundation for the development effort by capturing the business context - problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user group. Elicit, validate & document existing business architecture including process, data and organisation models. Manage requirements through the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the customer and the project team. Establish traceability of captured requirements to the business vision. Analyse business needs and decompose them into testable Functional and Non-Functional Requirements.
The Senior Business Analyst will ensure that the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are clear, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested. Categorise requirements into logical groupings to input into solution design. Facilitate prioritisation of requirements against applicable criteria. Facilitate definition and interpretation of business rules and requirements for technical solutions. Establish potential impact of any requested changes to the business, process and systems.
What we are looking for
- Previous experience in the travel industry, particularly within the complex world of Flight Operations would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience working as a Senior Business Analyst on large IT change programmes. Evidenced experience in providing business analysis input into major change initiatives.
- Proven experience and capability to manage complex projects and programmes covering multiple business areas and inter-dependencies.
- Proven experience of requirements elicitation methods including business process modelling (BPM), UML, use cases and prototyping.
- Track record of successfully using requirements elicitation and communication techniques including workshop facilitation, documentation analysis, interviewing and brainstorming.
- Experience of working within a range of project methodologies; Agile, DSDM, Waterfall and qualified to ISEB or equivalent standard in Business Analysis.
- Demonstrable experience of building consensus around change, influencing multiple IT/Business stakeholders and managing conflicting agendas.
- A track record of providing business analysis input into major change initiatives.
- Currently working in either a leading management consultancy, or as an internal consultant within a business analysis or change management function.
- Extensive and relevant work experience in a business analysis role.
- Experience in service-orientated, customer-facing industries (ideally within either travel, retail, telecoms or banking).
- Strong academic background at least to degree level.
- A track record of successfully using requirements elicitation and communication techniques including workshop facilitation, documentation analysis, interviewing and brainstorming.
- Excellent analytical and commercial reasoning skills.
- Communicating and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience operating in diverse cultures.
- Role may require overseas travel.
Working within TUI group
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.