Senior Business Analyst - Digital Business Systems / Applications
A large-scale, multinational group of businesses is undergoing a group led project to define a Digital strategy. The entire group, across all countries is in scope, looking across the full span of the businesses, with a focus on Business Operational / Engineering systems, Business Models/Operational design etc (not customer facing Digital).
The driver for this project is recognition of a historical "lack of proper investment in products", with a view to moving towards a more product led application/digital strategy. The initial three-month project has a broad scope (30-40 product areas) and will be "quick and high level", identifying "big areas of opportunity", which can be pulled together to form "this is how it will work under a product centric organisation". The project/s can then progress into a more granular, bottom up Business Case approach.
Various external consultancies are being engaged to support the process. The need for several contract resources (PM & BA) to work with the Programme Director to "glue it all together" has been identified.
This initial three-month project is to be broken down into the following stages:
- Month 1: Opportunities assessment; research into info systems in use across the group (allot of it is already mapped out sitting in various formats/resource locations, so won’t need to do data gathering work-shops). External validation (industry scanning, consultancy insight). Drawing conclusions, "size of the prize" etc.
- Month 2: Focus on operating models (product oriented operating models)
- Month 3: "Merging all together into sharp recommendations"; structures, change initiatives, products etc. (aiming for a repeatable operating model).
Initiatives will need to address one (or more) of three criteria for business cases; reduction of waste (work/process duplication/efficiencies), winning more work (BD/Business expansion) and increasing customers.
Successful candidates will need:
- Significant prior experience of business analysis in support of business application/digital transformation programmes, utilising Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) products (this business does not develop in-house)
- A strong commercial acumen, with the ability to understand business problems and draw correlations between technology solutions and business value.
- A comprehensive suite of Business Analysis tools, spanning Process Models, User Stories, Use Cases, Story Boards, Business Case preparation etc
- A versatile, pragmatic approach, able to self-manage in this style of fast paced initial project work
Initial 3-month contract with a strong likelihood of extension
Paying up to £700p/d.
Central London based.
Some European travel required.
Urgent requirement. Interviews to take place w/c 26th March. Start date 9th April (or close to).