They are looking to add an experienced Senior Building Surveyor to their Liverpool office where you will have a great opportunity to progress your career and develop within an existing team. Working on national and local programmes providing condition surveys, project delivery and professional services, this role will bring you to client locations throughout the North of England but you will be based in the Liverpool office.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking building surveys, site inspections and measured surveys
- Able to work independently and as part of a team both locally and nationally.
- Drafting plans/sections/elevations on computer aided design software
- Preparation of Schedules of Work and Specifications for all types of maintenance and construction projects
- Producing feasibility reports
- Management of sub consultants and contractors
- Delivery of contract administration services as appropriate to the commission
- Arranging meetings and collating project documentation as required
- Compiling and monitoring project costs in line with approved budgets
- Be passionate about Building Surveying and developing a career with a leading construction consultancy
- Have been actively working as a building surveyor
- Have an understanding of the standard forms of building contract, their application and the duties of the Contract Administrator
- Hold a full driving license
- Have good IT skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, AutoCAD LT & other bespoke)
- Have good time management and prioritisation skills - delivers quality work within immovable deadlines
- Have an open willingness to ask questions
- Work with focus, minimal supervision and enthusiasm
- Have an ability to think clearly and make reasoned decisions, explaining the logic employed
- Be a flexible individual, capable of working as part of a regional team, able to adapt to different work practices
- Be a good communicator with high levels of numeracy and literacy
- MRICS Chartered Building Surveyor
- Be educated to at least degree level or equivalent, in a Building Surveying RICS accredited degree
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.