Marks Consulting Partners are looking for a Senior Building Surveyor. The post is responsible for carrying out capital improvements to the Organisation’s housing stock, taking a lead role in exploring procurement initiatives, new products and technologies.The post holder will also be the lead officer for Asbestos Management and have oversight of the CDM process.
- To undertake the inspections/surveying of properties followed by the issue of appropriate works orders and the preparation of schedules, specifications, drawings, quantities and budgets. This includes appointing and managing contractors and consultants on site in the delivery of improvement works.
- To analyse and appraise changes in building and housing legislation and incorporate findings, set up procedures on alterations to specifications, in-house documentation and procedures
- To directly manage Projects Surveyor and the Graduate Surveyor. Also to support the Capital Projects Manager in supervising the wider team, assisting with interviews, attending departmental meetings and completing HIP and Service Plans. This could include providing professional supervision for graduate/trainee surveyors to enable them to progress and obtain a professional qualification.
- To lead on day to day Asbestos Management and ensure that the asbestos register is managed and maintained in accordance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations.
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Managing building contracts including JCT Minor Works, JCT IFC, and JCT MTC
- Preparation of tenders and contract documentation in accordance with accepted professional practice and the Organisation's standing orders, and European and UK Government guidelines
- Preparing plans and applications for Planning and Building Control Approval
- Traditional and non-traditional construction methods, building defect analysis and repair to both traditional and non-traditional buildings to a high level
- Project management from client brief to handover and managing external building contractors and partnership working
- Tenant and stakeholder engagement
- Understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work area
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
- Full membership of RICS or CIOB (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or Chartered Institute of Builders) or have equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Asbestos related qualification
- IOSH qualification or be willing to obtain one within a short period in post.
Apply today! Company Overview Marks Consulting Partners are a privately-owned recruitment consultancy specialising in Property and Surveying across the United Kingdom. We work with clients UK wide and have a nationwide database of active, multi-discipline candidates ranging from Graduate to Senior Executive level.