About the Team
The Building Consultancy group provides Building Surveying and Project Management Services to commercial property occupiers, developers and investors throughout the UK from the offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester.
The Group enjoys strong and productive relationships with a first rate client base and with many other parts of the business, including Agency, Investment, Valuation and Asset Management teams and has been identified as an area for strategic growth.
The Birmingham team requires an experienced commercial Building Surveyor, with a good mix of experience in both professional services and project work.Main responsibilities
- To provide first-rate building consultancy advice to clients in both the public and private sectors.
- To take direct responsibility for day to day management of a number of important clients of the firm.
- To build a portfolio of key client relationships, both internally and externally, built upon technical expertise and outstanding communication skills.
- To undertake and manage a wide range of challenging instructions including dilapidations, neighbourly matters, due diligence and project work.
- To contribute to the continuing growth and expansion of Building Consultancy within the firm.
- MRICS qualified
- Able to show relevant experience across a full range of building surveying duties, gained within a professional surveying practice.
- Experience in dilapidations, commercial building surveys and due diligence, Party Wall matters, Contract Administration/Project Work and Planned Maintenance.
- Well organised, efficient, using initiative and working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for details, a commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
- Possess a proactive approach to problem solving and ability to follow these through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Proven IT skills, including high-level Microsoft Word and Excel competencies.
- Flexible, confident and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn with and develop the team.
- Able to identify areas of commercial opportunity for future development.
Salary and benefits
- Salary: competitive within the market
- Car allowance
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- 26 days' holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
- Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
- Life/Accident insurance
- Private Medical Cover
- Fitness Allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Enhanced maternity pay after two years' service
For more information, please apply to this advert or call Dan Cole:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job