This worldwide company is experience significant growth, and as a result need a Senior Bridge Engineer Job Summary: To undertake engineering activities within the Transport and Infrastrucutre Division in respect of both design and consultancy services, predominantly in the design and/or assessment of Highwyas-related structures and civils works. You will be involved in the project management and technical delivery of schemes from inception through to handover of the completed scheme to the client.
Your role will include:
Preparation, supervision and checking of documents, reports and health and safety risk assessments; structural assessment calculations and reports; scheme feasibility studies; scheme designs and drawings; outline cost estimates.
- Interfacing with multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Ensuring that quality procedures are implemented and maintained;
- Project, programme and financial management;
- Bid preparation and support.
- Client liaison and reporting.
The position is predominantly office based but some travel may be required occasionally for site visits, inspections, or to attend meetings.
Skills and Experiences:
- Degree or equivalent academic qualification in civil/structural engineering or a closely related discipline
- Relevant post-graduate experience
- Chartered professional status (e.g. with the ICE/IStructE or an equivalent engineering institution). Applicants approaching CEng will also be considered.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the conceptual and detailed design/assessment of a broad range of civil engineering structures, particularly those associated with transport infrastructure, including bridges, underpasses, culverts, retaining walls, platforms, station buildings and other infrastructure-related structures, including associated approval procedures.
- Sound knowledge of, and extensive experience in using the relevant design standards and codes of practice, including the Structural Eurocodes
- Experience in delivering detailed design drawings and specifications for construction on site.
This is an opportunity to join a truly global company, which offers great, working conditions, and personal and career development.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, and are eligible to work in the UK, please forward a copy of your cv.
- Engineering degree
- bridge engineering
- civil engineering experience