Taylor Hawkes are recruiting a Senior Bookkeeper/Manager to join an impressive, forward thinking and dynamic firm based in Harrow.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is currently in a Bookkeeping position within Practice and is ready to take on more responsibility and progress within their career.
- Manage bookkeeping services so that they are provided to clients in an accurate and timely manner.
- Preparation of management financial statements, VAT returns and FCA returns for clients.
- Ensure all client work is completed within applicable lodgement and work schedule deadlines.
- Be the first point of contact for allocated clients, responding to various client enquiries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Visiting and working on client site when required.
- Develop an ongoing, effective relationship with clients and ensure retention of clients
- Ensure clients are made aware of their compliance obligations, in writing where necessary
- Address client issues by researching as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate queries to clients when necessary.
- Ensure own productivity level and others within the department meets or exceeds budget expectation.
- Assist staff in developing their understanding of the various software packages and statutory requirements.
- Support, train and assist junior team members to maximise their performance.
- Recognise areas of the practice requiring continuous improvement and make appropriate recommendations.
- Recent experience working as a Senior Bookkeeper within practice
- At least 3 years experience in an accountancy firm
- In-depth knowledge of VAT
If you have the skills and experience required for this role please apply or contact Lucy at Taylor Hawkes for further information.