This is a fantastic opportunity with development prospects to join an award-winning accountancy practice and holder of the prestigious Investors in People Silver Award and a finalist in the Business Excellence Forum 2017 Awards for Best Company Culture and Practice Excellence Awards for Best Small Accounting Practice 2017.
The Role Itself:
- Preparation of monthly bookkeeping for clients including sales and purchase invoice processing
- Bank & credit card reconciliations
- Learn to prepare monthly journals such as payroll, depreciation, accruals and prepayments and month end procedures and reports
- Learn how to prepare VAT calculations for different VAT schemes and submit VAT returns and EC sales lists
- Opportunity to learn different accounting software packages
- Work with your own portfolio of clients from different industries helping them achieve their success
- Opportunities to learn new skills and even progress towards becoming an accountant.
- You’re methodical and practical with a high level of attention to detail and a team oriented attitude.
- You’re considered a safe pair of hands, you like to get things right and achieve results.
- It’s likely that you’re already qualified to AAT Level 3 or the equivalent by experience.
- You’re diligent.
- You’re keen to develop your skills, love to be part of a team which recognises when you’ve done a good job.
Why might you want to work for them?
They are a growing team, currently 15 strong and committed to the ongoing personal development of their team members as well as to delivering a unique and continually improving service to small businesses and individuals within Oxfordshire and Berkshire. This is a great training and people focused employer as befits its special status of an Investor In People. This role has substantial development potential in line with your personal development plan. If you:
- You like to feel appreciated and valued
- You want to know what’s happening, where the business is going and be able to contribute to that direction
- You wish you could be part of an organisation that values caring, respect, responsibility, learning, teamwork, honesty, excellence, fun, recognition, openness and generosity
then we would love to hear from you.
In addition to the generous salary, the role benefits from the following:
- 22 days initial holiday per year growing to 30 (plus the public holidays)
- Training and exam funding (including additional time off for exams)
- Flexible start and end time
- Supportive and friendly team
- Annual bonus scheme (enabling you to earn an additional 10% of your salary)
- Private health care scheme
- Team social events
- Bespoke personal development plan and clear career path
- Regular 1-2-1s to recognise your achievements
- Full induction programme
- Child care vouchers
- Free parking
- Open culture giving you access & contribution to the full plans of the business so you’re always "in the know"
Salary 18 - 23K depending on experience.
- Accounting Software
- Bank Reconciliation
- Vat Returns
- Client Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job