Our client, a management company based in High Wycombe, is looking for a Senior Block Manager to join their team. Playing a key leadership role within the business at an exciting point of growth, you will have direct access to the Managing Director where your ideas, initiatives and business goals will be explored.
Your team will consist of 3 friendly, relaxed, Property Managers and, being a close-knit team, it’s all about collaboration and valuing everyone’s impact on making the business a success. You must have vision with the ability to spot opportunities.
There is huge potential for progression within this role, stepping up to Director level, assisting the Managing Director in the running of the business long-term.
Duties of the role will include:
• Acting as first point of contact when questions or concerns arise
• Reporting back to the Managing Director
• Effectively leading and developing a team of Managers
• Managing performance effectively, recognising and rewarding good performance and ensuring poor performance is resolved effectively
• Ensuring all reporting is completed accurately
• Undertaking regular site inspections, implementing works as required
• Ensuring the smooth running of/proactively managing your portfolio in accordance with the management agreement and terms of the lease
• Management of all contractors/project management of major works (drafting/serving S20 notices for major works)
• Co-ordinating/chairing/attending AGMs and drafting and preparing agenda minutes for board meetings
• Corresponding with residents/developers/RMCs, encouraging a harmonious relationship between all parties as well as dealing with conflict resolution
• Service charge budgeting/ground rent collection/approval of invoices for payment
• Ensuring all properties in the portfolio are insured, including dealing with all claims, renewals and enquiries
• Ensuring lease terms are adhered to, as well as dealing with any breaches
• Responding to deed transfers/Licence to Alter/lease variations and extensions
• Regular site visits, checking Health & Safety and maintenance works as required, as well as Fire Risk Assessments & RAMS (Risk Assessment & Method Statements)
• Management of ACOP L8 (Legionnaires’ disease)
• At least 2 years’ previous experience within Block Management
• Associate or higher level IRPM qualification
• A full working knowledge of Service Charge Budgets, Section 20 Notices and relevant law/regulations (Landlord & Tenant Act 1985)
• Experience in chairing AGMs and carrying out site inspections
• Team management experience
• Full UK driving license, with own car
• Professional manner with effective client handling skills
• Confidence with liaising with a range of people on all levels
• Excellent attention to detail with good problem solving skills
• Ability to remain calm in high pressured environments
• Sense of humour
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'