Senior Bioprocessing Engineer
We at CellulaREvolution are determined to use the latest technological advancements in bioprocessing to develop and create enabling technologies for Cultured Meat, Cell Therapy and Biologics industries. We do this by providing highly innovative bioreactors capable of continuous cell production. In order to achieve our ambitious goals, we are now seeking to recruit a Senior Bioprocessing Engineer to coordinate and lead the further development of our next generation bioreactor.
You will act as our lead bioprocessing engineer and will be in close contact with the senior leadership team. In this position we expect cross-disciplinary expertise as you will need to work together with colleagues in cell biology, bioprocess development and commercialisation. You will also need to provide guidance and leadership to our bioprocessing staff and take overall leadership in the further formation of our bioprocessing/bioengineering team. You need to be able to build relationships with external stakeholders such as suppliers, collaborators and customers. Our offices and laboratory are based in Newcastle (UK) so you either need to be based in the vicinity or able to relocate.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Lead and drive the further development of our bioreactors from prototype to commercialization
- Optimization and improvement of current technologies and processes by performing trials and tests focussing on iterative design improvements, efficiency, quality, efficiencies, costs, safety, etc.
- Provide leadership to the other bioprocessing engineers and being able to develop and prioritize development plans
- Plan, build and lead the bioprocessing/bioengineering team.
- Identify new and liaise with existing 3rd party manufactures
- Provide written and/or verbal report to the Management Team and/or Executive board
About you / requirements
- Advanced degree at PhD level in bioengineering, bioprocessing, chemical engineering, biotechnologies or similar disciplines
- Experience in the operation and development of various types and scales of bioreactors
- High levels of self-motivation, being capable of identifying potential issues and coming up with suitable solutions
- High quality written reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Capability to work in cross-disciplinary teams
- Experience in team management
- >5 years of (industrial) experience in the use and development of bioreactors for expansion of adherent cells
- Expertise in bioprocessing for scalable cell culture
- Published articles in peer reviewed journals
- Experience in giving presentation for large audiences
- An excellent salary and participation in our company pension plan
- Opportunity for fast career progression, in a start-up which is reshaping the way cells are grown
- Amazing team located in the vibrant city centre of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Up to 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'