Senior Bioinformatician/Associate Principal Bioinformatician, Data Sciences & Quantitative Biology - Proteomics
Are you a data scientist passionate about medical research and looking for an exciting and impactful new challenge?
Then why not join our Quantitative Biology department in Cambridge (UK) or Waltham (US) and apply bioinformatics and computational solutions to help us evolve and extend our proteomics capabilities in our aim to find medicines of the future.
We are further investing in capabilities in multi-omics (e.g. transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics). You will join a global multi-disciplinary department of bioinformaticians, data scientists and statisticians with the purpose of providing quantitative insights to biology for discovery of new therapies. Our group is committed to improving AstraZeneca’s ability to prioritize target selection and portfolio projects based on probability of technical success.
This is an opportunity requiring an individual who is passionate about development and delivery of analytics and software solutions for using proteomics data to drive drug discovery projects and preclinical model understanding. You will play a key role in supporting, driving and evolving our proteomics capabilities (inc. thermal profiling, chemical proteomics, labelled and unlabelled mass spectrometry) and projects.The role
As a Senior Bioinformatician or Associate Principal Bioinformatician your main responsibilities will involve:
- Analysing quantitative high-resolution mass spectrometry proteomics data for unbiased and targeted proteomics experiments.
- Combine open-source and/or commercially available software platforms for enabling protein identification & annotation across multiple biosamples (e.g. Cell lines and tissues).
- Responsibility for developing our shiny application tools for chemical and global proteomics as well as training staff to use the developed tools.
- Understanding quantitative multiplexed proteomics and chemo-proteomics workflows and data structure to efficiently integrate and/or develop automated data acquisition, processing, analysis and visualization protocols, with appropriate infrastructure and pipeline management tools.
- Contribute to local and global data management processes and solutions for capturing and exploiting proteomics and other high-dimensional data types
- Collaborating with experimentalists, bioinformaticians, statisticians and other data scientists to design and deliver robust and impactful proteomics studies. This could include analysis of proteomics data in conjunction with other data types via statistical and machine learning approaches.
- Proactively engage in knowledge sharing and peer support.
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- PhD, or equivalent, in bioinformatics, mathematics, computer science, statistics, engineering or life sciences
- Confirmed experience in the core proficiency areas: mass-spectrometry based proteomics, multivariate and/or high dimensional data analysis (-omics), data management and visualisation
- A strong understanding of statistical and mathematical principles for biological data analysis.
- Proficiency in R and/or Python for data analysis and programming. Experience with Shiny framework or other relevant software tools such as C/C++, SQL/NoSQL database, networked and cloud-based systems, software versioning tools (e.g. Git) would be an advantage.
- Basic understanding of molecular biology, cell biology, and human physiology
- Experience in other molecular profiling technologies (e.g. NGS) or multi-omics would be an advantage
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting-edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey!
If you’re curious to know more please contact Ian Barrett at +.
Open for Applications on: 29 May 2020
Application Closing Date: 27 June 2020
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'