Office Depot has an exciting opportunity for Senior Bid Pricing Executive x2 to join the growing team in our Leicester Head Office. The role is a full time, permanent position offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
Are you looking to work within a company utilising cutting edge tools, technologies and strategies? Are you seeking a proactive role within a growing organisation helping to drive our future? If your answers are yes, you’ve come to the right place.
Office Depot is a world leading b2c / b2b eCommerce organisation, active in thirteen European countries with over $1 billion worth of eCommerce revenue. We are looking for an experienced Senior Bid Pricing Executive to join our growing team.
As the Senior Bid Pricing Executive, you will be responsible for producing a priced commercial offer for new business opportunities, growth within existing accounts and existing contract retentions [where tendering is required to support]. Additionally, you will oversee all bids and retentions along with ensuring the commercial offer is both compelling and within commercial boundaries
What are the responsibilities of the Senior Bid Pricing Executive?
- Responsible for all standardized and customized financial offers, including alignment of codes to requirements, cost of goods rates and recommended margin rates
- Working closely with Bids & Tenders Manager you will ensure all offers prepared by Bids Execs are relevant and commercially viable
- Devise, implement and / or work alongside the best strategy and approach for bids that are submitted, thereby maximizing our chance of winning the business
- Analyse the submitted tender request from the (potential) customer and the possibilities and limitations within Office Depot in the development of a response, in line with available information from other departments
- Locate, collect and analyse necessary data and information required to develop an optimal bid proposal, in line with the request from the (potential) customer
- Manage all activities necessary to produce the customer offer like as a project to secure a quality and professional offer within the set targets incl. timelines. This includes coordinating and collating information from other internal departments to ensure an effective response to customer’s specific requirements
- Work closely together with the Business Development Managers, Account Managers and Sales Management and all involved departments like Merchandising & Procurement and Finance, in order to effectively translate the customer’s requirements needs and pricing into a Winning Solution (transfer customer information to proposal including product matching and pricing template)
- Full management of timely output and quality of bids allocated
Essential skills/experience required by the Senior Bid Pricing Executive
- Advanced Excel
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Able to manage the relationship with multiple (groups of) stakeholders on strategic / tactical level
- Similar / relatable industry experience is desirable – but not essential
- Strong analytical & planning skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Shows clear levels of composure when working to short timelines
- Capable of networking within and outside of the organisation to achieve optimum results
- Commercial acumen and clear examples of customer emphasis within a similar role
We provide an excellent benefits scheme, generous holidays and free onsite parking.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Senior Bid Pricing Executive role, please click ‘Apply’ today.
Keywords: Leicester, Senior Bid Pricing Executive