Office Depot has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Bid Narrative Executive (Bids & Tenders) to join the growing team at our Leicester Head Office. The role is a full time, permanent position offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
Are you looking to work within a company utilising cutting edge tools, technologies and strategies? Are you seeking a proactive role within a growing organisation helping to drive our future? If your answers are yes, you’ve come to the right place.
Office Depot is a world leading b2c / b2b eCommerce organisation, active in thirteen European countries with over $1 billion worth of eCommerce revenue. We are looking for an experienced Senior Bid Narrative Executive (Bids & Tenders) to help lead / guide our growing team.
As the Senior Bid Narrative Executive (Bids & Tenders), you will be responsible for producing written proposals for strategic new business opportunities, growth from existing contracts, as well as leading existing large contract retentions. Additionally, you will lead a team of Narrative execs overseeing all mid bids and retentions along with ensuring the narrative library is maintained fully with all business SMEs.
What are the responsibilities of the Senior Bid Narrative Executive (Bids & Tenders)?
- Write clear, bespoke and concise tender responses, by utilizing a wide and customer-focused vocabulary to express the company’s capabilities
- Supervise Narrative execs in workload and prioritisation
- Lead Narrative team working closely with Bids & Tenders Manager, ensuring all team members have documented 1-2-1’s and development plans
- Responsible for all standardized and customized offers working with business SMEs
- (Contribute to) devise, implement and / or work alongside the best strategy and approach for bids that are submitted, thereby maximizing our chance of winning the business
- Analyse the submitted tender request from the (potential) customer and the possibilities and limitations within Office Depot in the development of a response, in line with available information from other departments
- Locate, collect and analyse necessary data and information required to develop an optimal bid book, in line with the request and listed characteristics from the (potential) customer
- Manage all activities necessary to produce the customer offer as a project to secure a quality and professional offer within the set targets incl. timelines. This includes coordinating and collating information from other internal departments to ensure an effective response to customer’s specific requirements
- Work closely together with the Business Development Managers, Account Managers and Sales Management and all involved departments like Merchandising & Procurement, Supply Chain, Customer Service Center, Legal and Finance, in order to effectively translate the customer’s requirements needs and pricing into a Winning Solution
Essential skills/experience required by the Senior Bid Narrative Executive (Bids & Tenders)
- QVIDIAN or comparable tools / technology experience
- Project Management experience (Tender co-ordination)
- Circa 4+ years’ experience in a similar role including senior / lead responsibilities
- Able to manage the relationship with multiple (groups of) stakeholders on strategic / tactical level
- Strong planning skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Shows clear levels of composure when working to short timelines
- Capable of networking within and outside of the organisation to achieve optimum results
- Commercial acumen and clear examples of customer emphasis within a similar role
We provide an excellent benefits scheme, generous holidays and free onsite parking.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Senior Bid Narrative Executive (Bids & Tenders) role, please click ‘Apply’ today.
Keywords: Leicester, Senior Bid Narrative Executive (Bids & Tenders)