Collinson is seeking a Senior Bid Executive to work with the Global Bid Manager to write, edit and proof read content as well as project manage live bids across the group.
Collinson is a global loyalty and benefits company which uses its expertise and products to craft customer experiences which enable some of the world's best known brands to acquire, engage and retain customers.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for the right individual. Due to the diverse nature of the Collinson business, the Senior Bid Executive will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of business opportunities alongside a diverse group of internal and internal stakeholders.
Applicants must be competitive, passionate about creating winning proposals and enthusiastic about working in a deadline-driven and high-profile role.
Support of the Bid Manager on larger tenders
- Supporting the Global Bid Manager with ongoing tenders undertaking activities such as identifying boiler plate material, chasing contributors, drawing diagrams in Powerpoint and maintaining the bid responsibility list in Excel.
- Proof reading documents for the Global Bid Manager prior to submission.
- Assisting the Global Bid Manger in managing client web portal communications.
Project management of smaller proposals
- Under the Global Bid Manager’s guidance, taking overall project management responsibility for smaller RFPs and RFI opportunities, including overseeing qualification, developing the project plan, writing and editing the document and ensuring that all necessary activities are completed on time.
- Taking editorial material provided by individual contributors (e.g. sales, knowledge experts) and editing/ re-writing it into a consistent and excellent proposal style ensuring consistency between the content contributed by different individuals (i.e. that the proposal has 'one voice’ throughout).
- Managing the look and feel of the document, ensuring that it is professionally set out and formatted, in line with the customer’s instructions and Collinson brand guidelines.
- Developing tailored graphics / illustrations for inclusion in proposal, liaising with internal/external marketing resources as appropriate.
Maintenance of centralised bid library
- Helping the Global Bid Manager to maintain a global library of content on a content management system.
- Dissecting RFIs/RFPs once they have been submitted, and under Global Bid Manager’s guidance, identifying new content to upload onto the content management system.
- Structuring, formatting and proofreading incoming editorial content and ensuring that it conforms to style guide and brand guidelines before passing to Group Bid Manager for final sign off.
General bid duties
- Logging of all pitches and RFI/RFP documents that come into the Central Bids Team either through Salesforce alerts or other sources.
- Chasing Sales Leads to ensure the Bid Team is aware of the status of all ongoing opportunities and that they complete client debrief forms.
- Supporting creation / design of slides for bid presentations, where appropriate.
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
- Some commercial experience in bids and proposals although consideration will be given to candidates who can demonstrate the necessary skill sets gained in other professions/areas.
- Degree educated - A background in English Language/ Literature/Journalism/ writing will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills with a meticulous attention to detail and the ability to articulate complex ideas and terminology in plain English.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines whilst working on multiple projects.
- Understanding of strategic proposal management processes, including pre-proposal planning, strategy development and storyboarding.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with sales and business staff, including senior management.
- 'Business-savvy' - Some relevant market understanding ideal (but not essential from day one)
- Keen to develop professional competence and work towards Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) foundation level (if not already attained).
- Bid Writing
- Tender Writing
- Bid Strategy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'