Senior BI Developer
Senior data warehouse and business intelligence developer
Salary range from £42,000
Location Bristol, Harwell, Manchester or London
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research - by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It's our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It's a bold statement, but one that we're determined to fulfil.About the role
As a senior data warehouse and business intelligence (BI) developer, you'll be developing a green field enterprise data warehouse solution within an agile project environment. You will work with Amazon Redshift and Pentaho Data Integration Platform (Kettle), therefore gaining opportunities to learn some of the most innovative software in the BI space.
As this is a senior position, your role will be to mentor and guide the junior BI developer in the team. Also, to design the requirements and lead the development by assigning work to junior developers, peer review the implementation and finally ensure that the implementation is released to UAT environment for user testing.About you
- You will be a passionate, independent, self-motivated professional, with experience in delivering at least one enterprise data warehouse solution within a medium to large organisation
- You will have exposure to the full project life cycle, including requirements gathering, and therefore you must have good written and verbal communication skills
- You will have proven experience of liaising with business users, as well as an ability to mentor more junior members of the team
You will be involved in the development, build, test and deployment of end solutions, with responsibility for the design, model, implement and document technical aspects of a requirement, including integration that ensures the solution will meet business requirements.
Primarily, the solution will be a hosted on an Amazon Web Services Redshift platform and the ETL will be developed using Java and Pentaho Kettle. However, part of the role will involve re-assessment of current data warehouse framework to identify gaps in current design and make recommendations for improvement.
Moreover, this role requires future exploration of other data technologies that could benefit Jisc.Benefits
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
The location for this role is flexible and can be based at any of our offices in Bristol, Harwell, Manchester or London.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.Difference is good, and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.
No agencies please.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job