As a Senior BI Consultant, you will contribute to the development and implementation of a short medium and long term BI strategy.
The Client: A well-established Financial Services business.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
- Support the BI managing consultant in setting direction and driving innovation
- Maximise the contribution of the BI team by setting performance objectives in line with the BI and wider delivery function and ensuring implementation and follow-up.
- Support the BI team with coaching and professional development sessions, undertaking monthly performance reviews with direct reports
- Support the Identification and implementation of changes to current processes to improve the BI customer journey
- Stakeholder management
- Liaise with internal teams or 3rd parties in refining solutions to customer requirements.
- Perform RCA of all out of hours incidents and make the appropriate changes to reduce future incidents
- Participate in the TSL change control & BI prioritisation meetings
- Ensure work packages/requirements are delivered within budgeted estimates
- Apply and enforce standardised development, maintenance and change processes across BI (including Code Review)
- 5+ Years of Business Intelligence software engineering experience
- 5+ Years of delivering solutions through the Microsoft BI technology stack
- SQL Server (2012 min, ideally exposure to 2014)
- High level of pure SQL experience
- Complex T-SQL (stored procedures)
- Basic understanding of SQL Server configuration
- Data warehouse design principles (Kimball)
- SSAS (ideally exposure to BISM tabular models rather than multidimensional models)
- High-level of SSRS experience
- Pro-actively develop and maintain a wide range of external contacts in order to obtain/exchange information and establish best practice.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job