Senior Automated Test Engineer (Jira/Mingle/Selenium/FitNesse)
My client is one of the world’s most innovative digital solutions providers. They provide a full lifecycle portfolio of bespoke digital technology solutions to public and private sector customers across a number of sectors such as Financial Services, Healthcare and Government. These services are developed to meet their customer’s priorities and ensure they achieve an increase in performance and excellence.
Currently they are seeking an automated test engineer to consider a senior position to design, Functional, Non-Functional and automated and manual tests to ensure there coverage of both expected and unexpected behaviour of all solutions that are delivered to clients.
The successful candidate will operate in a client facing capacity and will be working with some of the most notable names in the respective industry vertical. My client will offer a very competitive package and the opportunity to take part in some of the most ground-breaking projects in the UK. This opportunity will offer scale and complexity that won’t be easily found elsewhere.
- Strong test automation skills using open source technologies/frameworks like Selenium, Cucumber and FitNesse;
- Practical knowledge of at least two object-oriented programming languages (including Java);
- Experience working in Continuous Integration environment and configuring tools for testing such as Jenkins and/or TeamCity;
- Knowledge of project management systems such as JIRA and Mingle;
- Experience with version control systems such as Git/SVN;
- Experience working in a manual testing environment;
- Able to create and maintain tests within fast-moving Agile delivery;
- Comfortable and effective when communicating directly with team members, clients and other suppliers;
- Able to communicate clearly about design of tests and the effort to implement the tests;
- Able to accurately assess the risk of development changes and reflect this in test activities accordingly;
- Able to advise customers of the test impact of user stories;
- Able to work unsupervised;
- Experience in mentoring other testers;
- Has an open attitude to sharing information;
- Able to prioritise their own time and activities;
- Actively and constructively shares their thoughts and views on technology.
The following are desirable skills:
- Experience with performance testing and tools such as JMeter;
- Experience with security testing;
- Experience with accessibility testing;
- Has participated in testing communities;
- Has contributed to open source projects;
- Experience testing against APIs.
Job ID: AMC*OHE/LON-5857
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job