Senior Auditor IT HE
Highways England is the new government owned company responsible for driving forward our motorways and major A roads. This includes; modernising and maintaining the highways, running the network and keeping traffic moving. Over recent years, investment in our highways has increased. This has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However, even more is yet to be done.
Certainty of funding and greater flexibility will enable us to become a better business. In our first 5 years alone, we'll invest £11 billion in motorways and A roads - boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety. At the same time, we'll improve how we work. That means we will be able to; plan roadworks better to minimise disruption; clear incidents more quickly; and save more than £1 billion by working more efficiently.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: www.highwaysengland.co.uk
We have an opportunity for a permanent Senior Information Technology Auditor to be based at any of our Highways England offices. We are looking for a candidate who is able to work within a diverse and fast pace environment to support Audit Managers in providing a responsive and helpful service to audit clients through a sound and professional evaluation of risk management, internal control and governance arrangements.
Day to day
* Planning/scoping of individual IT audit assignments, delivery of the fieldwork and the reporting of findings and opinions that meet quality and professional standards
* Providing independent, objective and practical support and advice to management / clients on risk management, internal control and governance arrangements within an IT environment on an ad hoc basis
* Managing client relations and expectations with staff and managers at all levels
* Leading small teams, when required, to deliver specific assignments or as part of the delivery of the portfolio, ensuring that professional auditing standards are adhered to and that outputs, primarily audit reports, are of high quality
* Contributing to the development of A&A policies, practices and plans as well as the overall management of the Corporate Assurance division to ensure that the division continues to produce high quality work that meets the needs of the Accounting Officer
* Coaching and training team members, reviewing their audit working papers where necessary
* Travel to other Highways England and supplier premises with overnight stays as necessary
* PIIA/CIA/CCAB accounting or equivalent professional qualifications is desirable along with experience and qualification (eg ISACA, QiCA, CISSP, CITP etc ) in IT audit
* Experience of supporting the development of IT audit strategies and plans, and experience of leading and undertaking audits
* Ability to assimilate and convey sensitive, complex and challenging information to a variety of audiences including those at the highest levels
* Knowledge of audit and risk management principles and methodologies
* Ability to manage own workload, using own initiative, demonstrating strong planning and organisational skills
* Excellent report writing skills
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications
requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport.
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job