Senior Audit Manager
Based in Reading
Working with Prudential as a Senior Audit Manager means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. If you’re inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for
Reporting to a Head of Audit, you’ll be a key partner in helping to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of our organisation in a visible and multi-dimensional position, where you will have the opportunity to execute multiple, and often complex audit assignments to ensure business practices and controls are followed. You will be expected to lead and participate in all phases of audit from planning, scoping, fieldwork and testing to reporting and issue assurance, along with the responsibility for the day to day management, delivery and development of a team of Auditors.
Additionally you will play a pivotal role in building effective relationships with senior management and executive teams, using strong interpersonal skills to influence and guide the business and be responsible for reporting the outputs of audits both internally and externally as necessary.
You’ll have strong business acumen as well as being commercially astute with a pragmatic approach to risk management, you’ll have the gravitas to make a lasting impact on the business.
You’ll be able to cut through the vast range of information and data presented, identifying the key points quickly, enabling you to discuss audit findings with the business constructively. You’ll take a strategic approach to analysing how we use the information and data to become better at what we do, thus maintaining a “best in class” Audit function.
To be successful in this role you’ll also have:
- Significant experience and knowledge of Internal Audit within Life insurance, with a strong delivery focus and an understanding of insurance operations and the impacts on customers.
- Excellent technical skills including superb knowledge of risk management frameworks and control processes, end to end processes, governance, data protection, resilience and operations
- A track record of managing audit processes that are robust, sized appropriately and insightful
- Detailed knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Strong business writing capability, able to structure reports effectively, remaining cognitive of the needs of differing audiences
- Experience of leading small-medium sized multi-disciplinary teams to achieve successful delivery
- Effective communication, influence and relationship building skills
- A relevant professional qualification (Actuarial, Audit or Accounting)
It’s a great time to be taking on a new role at Prudential. We’re creating a place to work that’s alive with opportunity, with added pace and a great team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As a Prudential employee you’ll continue to get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development.