M&G Real Estate
We are not your average Real Estate investment business and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Associate - Surveyor to join our team. The Long Income Funds are growing rapidly and the surveyors / analysts is needed to help manage an increasing workload of investment activity both in the UK and across Europe. This will allow the more experienced members of the team to spend time sourcing and delivering stock.
New opportunities and transactions
• Assist with seeking out both conventional and innovative new investment opportunities for all funds in order to optimise fund returns.
• Carrying out initial financial appraisals of all prospective investments
• Ensuring that all properties offered and subsequent purchase cases are discussed and agreed with the relevant Fund Manager to agreed timescales and that all necessary information in order to arrive at a decision has been gathered and made available in the required and timely manner.
• Identifying and promoting ideas for research to the Fund Managers.
• Monitoring long income deals in the market and keeping a schedule of comparable transactions up to date.
• Identifying and recommending the purchase and sale of specific investment properties paying regard to fund strategy and market pricing.
• Develop and maintain extensive business and market contacts.
• Establishing and maintaining the Asset Strategy and hold/sell analysis for each allocated asset, including in written plan form where required by the Fund Manager
• Communicating the Strategy and context to the Property Manager.
• Reviewing the performance of the asset and understanding the drivers of performance. Monitoring and reviewing, in conjunction with the Fund Manager, the investment performance of assets against the appropriate benchmark.
• Identifying opportunities to enhance asset performance and appraising, evaluating and approving the proposals for enhancing asset performance whether through the Asset Plan or individual Asset Initiatives.
• Provide support in the reporting of asset management activities to the M&G offshore boards.
• Providing relevant information to the appointed external valuers.
• Identifying, appointing and negotiating the terms of appointment of investment agents and consultants and monitoring their performance.
• Sharing market information within M&G Real Estate to ensure, as appropriate, all Client Funds benefit from this information.
• Ensuring the accuracy of the investment data held on the relevant systems.
• Supplying the Property Research team with relevant research received from the property market and where appropriate extend invitations to presentations and seminars to PRT colleagues
What we are looking for:
You should have a MRICS qualification or equivalent, have excellent attention to detail, strong numerical analysis and financial appraisal skills (financial analytical testing will form part of the interview process) as well as be a team player. You should be able to work well with others, sharing knowledge and market information with the wider team for the benefit of all of M&G Real Estate’s client funds.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job