M&G Real Estate
We are not your average Real Estate investment business and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Associate - Safety & Security to join the Portfolio Management team. This role is a new within the team and offers the opportunity to maintain and protect safety and security standards within a large, diverse property portfolio. You will take responsibility for operational safety and security oversight and reporting to maintain compliance against statutory compliance and operational safety and security management as well as include oversight of the client duties under Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
Reporting to the Associate Director; Safety and Security, you will work alongside supplier relationship, insurance, customer relations internal colleagues and all outsourced third party managing agents H&S teams. Day to day management of all safety and security aspects from the portfolio and to monitor compliance against the OHSAS 18001 safety management system. The Senior Associate will be the primary point of contact with the outsourced third party Managing Agents for all safety, security and compliance matters.
- Liaise and develop good working relationships with the internal colleagues and managing agents to maintain a high profile for safety and security management.
- Identify opportunities for continuous safety improvements and assist Associate Director; Safety and Security in their implementation.
- Establish and implement procedures to audit managing agents for major incident management, safety and security compliance and monitor completion of action plans.
- Review accident reports from managing agents and conduct investigations to seek ways to reduce the number and severity.
- Collate monthly accident , compliance data and operational issues for monthly board reports.
- To assist the Associate Director; Safety and Security for out of hours call out cover for escalation and tactical support for major incident management, safety and security incidents.
- Oversee the discharge of client duties as required by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
What we are looking for:
It is essential you have 5 years property management safety and security experience, NEBOSH National Certification in General and Construction,(as a minimum), excellent technical understanding of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, ability to prioritise workload with ability to lead own projects, proven experience of working in a security and safety risk management role as well as experience of managing a variety of demanding issues during normal working time and often out of hours. CMIOSH and a working knowledge of OHSAS 18001 as well as working with outsourced third party managing agents is desirable.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job