As a result of our clients expansion plans and their continued ongoing success, an exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for a hardworking and pro-active individual to join their Finance Department.
They are looking for a highly motivated candidate with excellent attention to detail and who can demonstrate strong organisational, communication and IT skills (Excel specifically).
As a Senior Assistant Finance Manager, you will be working closely with the Finance Managers and Financial Controller.
Experience in a similar role would be an advantage. This department is extremely busy, so the ability to multitask, but with maintained accuracy and high productivity is essential. The role will suit someone who enjoys a challenge, problem solving and the ability to work well under pressure.
• Overseeing elements of the day to day Finance operation; to include (but not exclusive to), Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Income, Overheads, Traveldesk
• Updating Finance procedures
• Developing & implementing new processes and controls
• Bank reconciliations
• VAT Returns
• General office duties
• Preparation of month end duties
• General admin & correspondence within the Finance department
Skills & Requirements:
• Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and consistency of work
• Professional accountancy qualification desirable (although not essential)
• Line management
• Experience of working within a fast paced finance department
• The ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stake-holders
• The ability to work calmly when under pressure
• Commitment and confidence with strong administrative, organisational and prioritisation skills
• Proficient written, numerical, analytical and IT skills, particularly Excel and a sound understanding of online processes
• Experience with Access accounts / other accountancy software
This is a full time position with normal working hours of 08:45-17:30 (limited flexi-time available) located in Derriford.
This vacancy is being handled by Chelsea Walker, Recruitment Consultant at Pertemps Plymouth who is currently responsible for all Temporary Commercial recruitment.
Chelsea has been working in the Recruitment industry for 5 years now and prides herself on working with her applicants and client companies to find the right people for the right job, every time.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'