An excellent opportunity has arisen for an assistant finance manager to join an award winning NHS Trust.
The Senior Assistant Finance Manager will be responsible for delivering high quality and timely financial management support to budget holders.Main Duties
The post holder will be required to undertake continuous reviews of income and expenditure compared against budgets, working independently with Budget Holders/Service Managers/Budget Monitors. This work will incorporate:
- Co-ordinating work to ensure the production of accurate and timely ledger reports.
- The prompt identification, analysis and investigation of income and expenditure variances against budgets, ensuring that action plans are developed with Budget Holders to respond to emerging budget issues.
- The provision of routine analysis to support corporate and other reporting, e.g. high risk reports
- The provision of ad hoc financial analysis, costings and information required by the Senior Finance Manager when preparing business cases
- Supporting the Senior Finance Manager to raise awareness and understanding of service line reporting and management within and outside of finance, including providing analysis for centralised SLR/SLM reporting.
- Working with the Senior Finance Manager to develop financial reports that accommodate detailed Service performance reviews/planning and support the Deputy Director of Operations in delivering agreed financial objectives
- To assist the Senior Finance Manager by calculating financial forecasts for prescribed areas and developing accurate, detailed budget setting working papers for future years.
- To contribute to month end board and performance monitoring returns.
Key duties will include preparing financial information for performance review, to support the production by the Senior Finance Manager of end of year forecasts and to service corporate reporting requirements. Specifically, this work will involve:
- Provision of costing information for continuous budget review, in-year budget virements and in support of performance review and service developments.
- Preparation of financial monitoring and analysis, maintaining and developing supporting spreadsheet systems for prescribed budget areas for review by the Senior Finance Manager, and ensuring robust ledger coding of pay, non-pay and income within the ledger.
- Provide advice, information, support and guidance to Service Managers, Budget Monitors and Budget Holders, and particularly in relation to coding, use of Business Intelligence and ensuring pro-active review of pay changes and accuracy of ESR staff in post and funded establishments.
- Responsibility to validate inputs in support of annual budget setting. (The Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for the final quality assurance of all related inputs and outputs).
- Interpreting financial information to inform budget holders, and actively supporting them to develop financial plans and in decision-making.
- To provide advice and assist Budget Holders to comply with Standing Financial Instructions, Financial Procedures, Standing Orders and other financial regulations.
- To deputise for the Senior Finance Manager as required.
A full job description for the role can be provided to all successfully short listed candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION THEN ON THIS OCCASION YOUR APPLICATION HAS NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL. DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE TO RESPOND TO SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES.
Taskmaster Resources is operating as a recruitment business for this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'