Orka Financial is working with a rapidly growing services business based in Heathrow to recruit a Finance Manager, the company is a major division of a larger US owned group. This is predominantly organic growth however there has been some recent M&A activity which is set to continue, as a result of this continued growth they are now looking to appoint an Senior Assistant accountant.
This role will be a key member of the finance team supporting the Finance Manager with month end close process and overseeing the purchase ledger maintenance, ensuring compliance with the relevant processes. The ideal candidate will have experience of supervising a junior Purchase Ledger assistant, and general accounting experience.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Post all bank transactions (sales ledger, purchase ledger and general ledger)
• Carry out Balance sheet reconciliations of key control accounts, including bank, debtors, creditors, PAYE, Net Wages control & petty cash.
• Maintain the Prepayments schedule and assist with the maintenance of the Fixed Asset register
• Take ownership of Purchase Ledger, including investigating and resolving any discrepancies on supplier accounts
• Check and approve Purchase Ledger batches
• Review PO requisitions, match & code supplier invoices and export into Microsoft Dynamics GP
• Log non-PO supplier invoices on GP
• Resolve supplier queries
• Request supplier statements & reconcile
• Match Corporate credit card transactions to statements, summarize and log on GP
• Ensure all supplier transactions are posted to enable mid and month-end payment runs, and month-end close
• Raise manual supplier payments for approval, as required
• Raise small number of sales invoices on templates provided by the operation
• Carry out any reasonable task requested.
Key Skills Required:
• Previous experience with Purchase Ledger maintenance including supplier statement reconciliations.
• Experience of month end routines, journal posting and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Must have can do attitude, be deadline focused with strong communication skills.
• Must be computer literate with a good working knowledge of EXCEL
£28,000 - £32,000 + bonus + benefits
- Purchase Ledger
- Sheet Reconciliations
- Month End Close
- Fixed Asset Register
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job