Senior Assessment Administrator
Senior Assessment Administrator
Job Title: Senior Assessment Administrator
Contract:1 Permanent role - part-time 15.5 hours
Salary: £23,500 - £29,400 (pro-rata)
Location: Triangle, Shaftesbury Rd, Cambridge, CB28BW
What it’s about
We have a vacancy in the Assessment Admissions Testing team for a Senior Assessment Administrator. We are currently seeking someone experienced to join our friendly and busy team to support the Assessment Managers in delivering efficient and effective examinations through exam paper administration as well as inputting and reviewing procedures.
The main accountabilities for the role are:
Managing the administration of the materials commissioning process:
- Organising item commissioning in line with Assessment Manager Requirements. Planning different commissions, arranging test materials production meetings and associated documentation
- Attending editing meetings to keep accurate meeting copy, liaising with external service providers
- Booking meetings and attendees, managing financial records and processing fees and expenses related to materials production
- Ensuring clear and effective communication between Admissions Testing and external service providers
- Using design software to work on graphical input
Administering the test materials production process:
- Authoring test materials and constructing exam papers using in-house systems
- Amending test materials at proofing and vetting stages either in real time or from meeting copy
- Utilising in-house item banking systems and online content authoring tools
- Attending test materials production meetings with key external stakeholders as required
- Ensuring clear and effective communication between Admissions Testing and external service provider
Providing system and process expertise:
To provide technical and process expertise related to the materials commissioning process and test materials production in order to:
- Assist in the delivery of projects, exam and process reviews and in the development and trialling of new processes and systems
- Produce training documentation and deliver training to colleagues and stakeholders as required
- Carry out User Acceptance Testing as required
- Contributing to corporate/business stream/department/team initiatives on behalf of Admissions Testing/Assessment as required.
What we’re looking for
- At least Grade C English at GCSE level or equivalent
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong organisational, prioritising and planning skills, the ability to work under pressure on tasks with competing priorities and to tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative to suggest improvements to systems or processes
- Excellent IT skills including competence with Word and Excel
- Experience of using complex processing systems/databases
- Meticulous accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of providing a range of administrative support in a busy and complicated working environment
- Mentoring and training
- Experience of systems testing
- Wide knowledge of Cambridge English Assessment processes and systems
- Experience of assisting with projects and working to multiple deadlines
- Use of design software
• Positive can do attitude
• Self-motivation and enthusiasm
• Open and Collaborative
Who we are
We offer a range of tests to support selection and recruitment into higher education and beyond. These tests identify the aptitude, subject knowledge, behavioural characteristics or language competence of prospective students. Our services include:assessments in thinking skills, admissions tests for medicine and healthcare, behavioural styles assessment, subject-specific admissions tests.
We work with educational institutions (including world-leading universities, such as the University of Oxford and Imperial College London), professional organisations and governments, such as the Italian Ministry of Education.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 04/11/2018 and interviews will be held on 14 & 15 November.
Going forward all Job Description content will be incorporated into the body of our Job Adverts. This allows candidates to read all the job information no matter where they have seen the job role. A separate job description document may be sent out at the interview invite stage but will include the same content as our advert.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'